WALDPONY Splitting Maul
This newly developed wood-splitting hammer is unique of its kind. There are three weight variants: a lightweight splitting axe, a heavy wood-splitting hammer and, with a top-up weight, an ultra-heavy wood-splitting hammer. A spanner converts the maul to the tool you need in a matter of seconds. The handle is not secured by a wedge - the traditional method for axes - but by screws. Four screws create a force-closed connection, a fifth screw passes through the handle and provides a positive connection. This innovative handle join seats the head absolutely securely. High-class workmanship. Made in Germany.
- Plastic striking face for high working safety also with aluminium or plastic wedges
- Axe head of carbon steel with excellent cutting edge properties
- Large wedge angle for efficient splitting avoids the axe head becoming lodged in the wood
- Ash handle to dampen vibrations
- Perfect-fit handle join which can be retightened anytime should the wood dry out and shrink
- Handle protected by solid shaped sleeve
- Spanner included
- Leather sheath
- Total length 90 cm
The product package contains everything you need:
- Basic tool with handle 2.2 kg
- Hammer head 1.4 kg
- Top-up weight 1.3 kg
- Spanner for assembly and disassembly
- Leather sheath
Without hammer head and top-up weight, the basic tool weighs 2.2 kg (1.6 kg head weight), light enough for single-handed use as a splitting axe.
The maul weighs 4.9 kg with the hammer head and green top-up weight bolted on. This ultra-heavy variant is the nemesis of any trunk however knotted and gnarled.
Video in German
Warning! Protect yourself against accidents. Safety gloves, shin guards and eye protection are all indispensable. Wielding this wood-splitting hammer liberates large forces!