ARDVOS Universal Wood Oil
- Application range: For interior coniferous and deciduous timber, e.g. furniture and floors as well as cutting boards. Not suitable for cabinet interiors, Multiplex boards, veneers as well as stained wood.
- Technical qualities: Reinforces and deepens the natural color of the wood grain. After 2 to 3 applications it produces a slightly semi-glossy and water-resistant surface film.
- Preparation: Wood must be dry (wood moisture content less than 12%) solid, absorbent, gradually finely sanded (according to the gradation of the sandpaper grains; floors to 180 grain, and furniture to 240 grain) clean, and free of resin and dust. For large-pored wood (oak, ash, chestnut, elm, mahogany, or teak), brush out pore grooves carefully. A test coat is recommended for wood containing tannic acid or dyes. Glue and other adhesives must be absolutely dry.
- Application: Depending on the requirements and absorbency: 1 - 3 coats. With a brush, sponge, or the applicable device at temperatures above 12°C. Remove approximately 20-30 minutes after the 1st and 2nd applications any unabsorbed oil and apply then the 3rd coat very thin and polish immediately with a beige or a felt pad. On floors and high impact surfaces, apply at least 3 coats with a surface leveller, short pile roller or a polishing machine, but for the edges an eccentric sander. For polishing in, the named devices is suitable or also a lint-free cotton cloth.
- Drying time: At 23 °C (73 °F) and 50% relative humidity: approximately 12 hours for the first coat, subsequent coats 24 hours. At higher temperatures, please consider shorter drying times and polish more quickly. At lower temperatures and higher humidity, please consider longer drying times.
Coverage: Determine the exact amount needed by doing a test application.
First coat: 1 liter (1.06 quart) undiluted covers approximately 17 m2 (183 ft²) i.e. 60 ml/m2.
Second coat: 1 liter (1.06 quart) covers approximately 42 m2 (452 ft2) i.e. 24 ml/m2
Third coat: covers approximately 106 m2/l, d.h. 10 ml/m2.
- Full declaration: Linseed oil, linseed oil - stand oil - natural resin ester, linseed oil - stand oil, linseed oil - wood oil - stand oil, natural resin glycerol ester, orange oil, isoaliphates, silicic acid, micronized wax, dehydrated amino sugar and drying agents free of lead.
- Storage: Cool and dry. Please see label for expiry date. Transfer unused portion of product to a smaller container for storage.
- Disposal: According to locally regulated laws.
- Important tips: Fine sanding not only reduces the amount of ARDVOS required but also the tendency of “wear and tear” and soiling of the surface. Too rough sanding will make the surfaces too hygroscopic which will lead to eventual green coloring. Stains or discoloration may occur if the wood is not completely saturated with ARDVOS Universal Wood Oil No. 266 and exposed to water afterwards. Due to insufficient oxygen and light, cabinet interiors treated with products containing linseed oil often experience drying delays, causing a lasting odor of linseed oil. For cabinet interiors more suitable are shellacs.
Safety advice: Provide enough ventilation after application.
Always be sure to store and then dispose of cleaning cloths, polishing pads, sponges, etc. that are still wet or even slightly moist with ARDVOS Universal Wood Oil No. 266 in an airtight metal container or in water, as there is a danger of spontaneous combustion caused by the plant oil content.
The product itself will not combust spontaneously.
Contains limonene, wood oil, and Cobalt (2+) salts. Can cause allergic reactions.
S 2 Keep out of the reach of children.
S 62 If swallowed, do not induce vomiting: seek medical advice immediately and show this container or label.